SCORE Columbus has recently developed a program for nonprofit entities which will include two key facets: an educational workshop series and a mentoring program. This offering was created to directly support nonprofit founders and leaders and provide the information and tools needed to run a nonprofit organization. While the mentoring program is still in development, the workshop series is kicking off in August. Please see below for further details.
For the upcoming year, the educational workshops will be held monthly on the 4th Friday from 10 AM - 12 PM EST. Cost per workshop is $10. Each session will be:
- Lecture style with a Q&A session at the end
- Led by a volunteer expert
- Conducted virtually via Zoom
Upcoming 2022 Dates
- October 28: Legal requirements of 501(c)(3)
- November 18: Financials
- December 16: Your Board: Bylaws, Roles & Responsibilities and Culture
- September '22: Are you a new nonprofit leader? What you need to know. (Link to Recording)
Hear from a panel of nonprofit founders on the things you should be thinking about and doing. These experienced founders and acting Executive Directors share learnings and pitfalls they've experienced and provide some suggestions and observations from their perspectives.
- August '22: Getting Your Nonprofit Off the Launchpad (Link to Recording)
Are you thinking of launching a nonprofit organization? Has yours already lifted off and now you wonder what's next? In this workshop, you will learn the different types of nonprofit organizational structures, the steps for establishing a nonprofit, initial considerations & foundational elements and how to fund a nonprofit.
- January 20, 2023: Your Board: Recruitment, Retention and Rotation
- February 24, 2023: Marketing: Telling Your Story
- March 24, 2023: Planning to Succeed
- April 28, 2023: Theory of Change/Logic Model
- May 26, 2023: Measuring Your Organization's Impact
- June 23, 2023: Sustaining Your Organization: Fundraising Events, Individual Donations, Grant Writing, Business Support and Sponsorships
- July 28, 2023: Corporate Support & Sponsorship and Grants Strategy & Seeking
- August 25, 2023: End-of-Year Appeal and Fundraising Events
Contact and Further Information:
The program coordinator is Libby Villavicencio. She can be reached at email@example.com.